Applications are now closed for Macro Meats Pitch to Farmers.
Five selected businesses will each have the opportunity to pitch their technology in person for five minutes to AdvanceAg’s audience as part of the conference program.
Audience voting will determine the winning pitch, which will be announced at the conference.
Who should apply?
The Pitch to Farmers session is open to either of these:
- start-up businesses not yet in the market, pitching for interest in their product
- businesses with readily available new technology, pitching for interest in uptake now of their product.
To be eligible, your business must:
- have an active ABN
- have ownership of, or commercial rights to, your intellectual property for the product mentioned
- be pitching for a product which has either not yet launched to market, or has been commercially released for less than 18 months
- be available to attend and take part in the live Pitch to Farmers session in person, held at the Adelaide Convention Centre from 3 pm, Friday 23 July 2021.
What the judges are looking for
A genuinely innovative Australian technology solution to an industry challenge faced by primary producers.
A product which is new to market, or ready to launch, with evidence of a clear pathway to growth and adoption.
A prize of $10,000 will be awarded to the winner of the competition.
Runners-up will receive a place in the AgTech demonstration farm program through the Department of Primary Industries and Regions.
18 June to 8 July 2021 – round 1, application
Submit a completed application form by 11.55 pm (ACST) Thursday 8 July 2021.
Tuesday 13 July 2021
We will tell you the outcome of your application by 5 pm, Tuesday 13 July 2021.
Thursday 15 July 2021 (TBC) – round 2, semi-finalist pitch presentation
Semi-finalists will participate in a five-minute virtual pitch presentation with our experienced judging panel, which includes members of the State Government’s AgTech Advisory Group.
Five finalists will be chosen to pitch at the conference, to vie for the audience vote. Finalist selection will be on merit at the sole discretion of the judging panel and cannot be challenged.
Each finalist will get a free ticket to the conference. This does not include travel and accommodation.
Friday 16 July 2021
The five finalists will be announced.
Round 3, final pitch presentation at AdvanceAg
Macro Meats Pitch to Farmers session at AdvanceAg.
Five finalists will pitch in person for five minutes to the conference audience.
The most popular pitch will be voted for by the audience and a winner will be awarded at the event.